Yunus Social Business is offering a full time position as Investment Manager, starting in September 2017 or at earliest convenience, based in Bogotá, Colombia.
Main responsibilities of the Investment Manager
The Investment Manager will work closely with the YSB Global investment team as well as the local team. The Investment Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the investment process and portfolio management for the Global Fund in Colombia and Latin America:
- Source and evaluate potential investments, including financial, market, industry and strategic analysis
- Develop robust financial and valuation models for potential and existing investments, creating relevant scenarios to reflect potential uncertainties in business assumptions
- Coordinate and execute due diligence in connection with the YSB investment process
- Prepare key deal materials including investment memos and term sheets, to develop and present new investment opportunities to the Investment Committee (based in Europe)
- Lead investment /deal structuring and negotiations with potential investments
- Design and evaluate key metrics to manage social and environmental performance
- Working closely with Social Business Entrepreneurs in the portfolio in order to understand their needs and provide on-going support to grow and scale their social businesses
- Supporting portfolio management global processes, including company performance monitoring and reporting
- Supporting fundraising activities on a local level, such as drafting of investor proposals, supporting Country Director in negotiation of investment proposals, as well as supporting on investor and donor reporting
- Close collaboration with Co-Chief Investment Officers (based in Europe), as well as the Country Director
- Other duties and responsibilities, as required, to help ensure that YSB is a success
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area (Economics, Finance, Business, etc.); MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field, strongly preferred
- At least 5-7 years of business consulting or investment experience in investment banking, corporate finance, private equity, venture capital or strategic consulting firms, having performed financial and operational due-diligence
- Significant experience working in Colombia / Latin America and extensive understanding of the Colombian context
- Experience working in emerging markets
Skills & Characteristics:
- A demonstrated commitment to serving society’s needs and a high level of personal integrity
- Strong research and writing skills and excellent analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Comfortable with building and assessing financial models, as well valuation skills
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility
- Self-starter, with strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, management and organizational skills, with experience of managing teams in challenging environments
- An excellent understanding of “social business” and how this is related to other concepts, (e.g. social innovation, social entrepreneurship, inclusive business, impact investing)
- Fluent in English and in Spanish
- Willingness to travel outside of Bogotá, to rural areas of Colombia
What we offer
- A full time position with competitive compensation
- Business related travel costs will be covered
- A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us!
- An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
- A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and you fit the role description, please send a CV and cover letter, in English, by filling the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We hope for your understanding. Thank you.