YSB Global Initiatives is looking for a dynamic and motivated Accountant with strong organizational and time management skills to join its small, entrepreneurial team. You will closely work with the YSB Operative and Finance Management to ensure the highest possible quality of administrative and accounting management support. You will also liaise with the remote team in Berlin, as well as the teams in YSB’s country offices around the world.
This position is designed as a part-time position, located in Frankfurt, with an option for a full-time position. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Finances and Accounting
- Prepare monthly packages for accounting services and manage relations with accountant
- Hold cash overview over German entities, monitor cash/bank accounts, track payments, manage relations with bank and insurances, manage bank reconciliation
- Manage in/outgoing invoices, credit card statements, verify and process travel expense reports, etc. and coordinate with outsourced finance services, tax advisers and financial institutions
- Provide Cost Center and ad hoc reports
- Support in preparing the annual accounts and auditing process, coordinate auditors requests and provide support/documentation
- Report transfers to EU and non-EU countries to Bundesbank and other authorities
- Initiate salary and tax payments
Office Management & Human Resources
- Problem solving/ trouble-shooting questions of day-to-day work, correspondence
- Support to the team, act as a ‘go-to person’
- Support of employees of YSB global and local teams, in coordination with the Office Manager in Berlin, act as main contact for any HR related question
- Contract management, registering employees with (tax) authorities and assisting with all administrative questions
- Provide support to new employees
- Coordinate Feedback process
- A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us!
- An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
- A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
- An accountant with experience in office management, 3-5 years of experience for a company with international exposure
- Fluent or very good in German (is a must), fluent/good in English
- Structured and organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task, able to meet deadlines and to follow-through
- A self-starter and hands-on, team work spirit, self-motivated, customer oriented, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good in MS Excel user, Knowledge of DATEV Unternehmen Online is a plus
- Able to work independently in a fast-pace environment, able to adapt quickly to changes and comfortable in working with an entrepreneurial and international team
How to apply
Please enter your details along with your cover letter and upload your English CV, using the form below. Tell us about how you match up to the characteristics we are looking for and why you would be a great addition to our team.
Please also add your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
We hope for your understanding that, due to the many applications we receive, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you.