- Category: Yunus
- Published on Monday, 21 May 2012 14:35
YSB offers to design and implement a tailor-made development program to address pressing social needs in your region.
The program can include all or a selection of the following items and are centered around an incubator fund:
• Social Business Incubator (Consulting, coaching & network-building for Social Business projects)
• A Social Business venture capital fund (Capital for the best Social Business projects)
• A Social Business ideas contest (Business plan competition & roadshow)
• Partnerships with local authorities (Create “Social Business Municipalities”)
• University activities (Help create Social Business chairs, innovation hubs, lectures)
• Partnerships with local and international corporations (Create social business joint-ventures)
• Public awareness-raising (public events, Media reports, Social Business “ambassadors”)
• International exchange and investment (Bring the extensive Grameen/Yunus Social Business network to your country)
A program of this kind is typically set up and run over 2-3 years directly by YSB. After this initial period it can be handed over to the local partner (Build-Operate-Transfer) or can continue to be run by YSB as a permanent office presence (Build-Operate-Own). Programs of this kind are currently run in Haiti and Albania.